Artists Wanted - Postcards from the Edge
Visual AIDS invites you to participate in Postcards From The Edge, our annual benefit sale and exhibition of postcard-size artworks. We are looking for artists to donate a 4"x6" original work of art; painting, drawing, photography, printmaking and mixed media are all welcome. This year's event will be held January 29-31, 2016 at Sikkema Jenkins & Co. We are grateful to Canson for donating 4 x 6" watercolor paper.
Artists must be 18 years or older to participate. Only one entry per artist.
POSTMARK DEADLINE: Monday, December 7, 2015
This is the date your artwork with submission forms should be MAILED by, to be sure we get in on time.
DROP OFF DEADLINE: Friday, December 11, 2015
If you can not mail your artwork by the postmark date, we will continue to accept DROP OFFS to the Visual AIDS office, including FedEx, Express Mail and Hand Delivery. The Visual AIDS office is at 526 west 26th Street #510, New York, NY 10001. Please DO NOT deliver artwork to Sikkema Jenkins & Co. (submissions will not be accepted there).
TO PARTICIPATE, please carefully follow these steps:
1. Download submission form to the right. Complete both Collector and Visual AIDS record form. (If you prefer to receive submission forms and blank postcard by mail, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Visual AIDS.)
2. Create your original artwork on any 4" x 6" heavy weight paper. (Recommended: 140lb watercolor paper or press board.) ONE entry per artist.
3. Sign and Print Name on the BACK only. Indicate the top with an arrow.
4. Carefully package artwork. Recommended: wrap artwork in wax paper and place between cardboard. DO NOT wrap wet or sticky artwork. DO NOT send charcoal or pastel drawings that are not fixed or easily smear.
5. If you need confirmation that we received your artwork, please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard, which will be mailed back to you.*
6. UNSOLD artwork will NOT be returned unless an 6x9 SASE is included with submission. Please be sure proper USA postage is included. Visual AIDS is not responsible for artwork lost or damaged in the mail.**
7. Suggested entry donation. We truly appreciate your generous contribution of artwork. There has never been an entry fee for Postcards from the Edge, but keep overhead cost down, and make this a successful benefit, your additional donation of $1, $5, $10 or more is truly appreciated.***
8. Mail or Drop off the following to Visual AIDS, 526 West 26th Street #510 New York, NY 10001:
___ submission forms
___ confirmation card (optional)*
___ 6”x9” SASE for return of unsold work (optional)**
___ entry donation (optional)***
FOR PARTICIPATING ARTSTS
All participating artists are invited to attend the ARTISTS PREVIEW PARTY for FREE starting at 6PM on January 29, 2016. No need to RSVP. All names will be held at the door. Free admission is for participating artist ONLY - additional guests can buy tickets at the door.
AFTER THE EVENT
Artists requesting return of unsold postcards and those requesting information about the collector of her/his artwork will receive notice in 4-6 weeks. Thanks in advance for your patience and support.
All proceeds support Visual AIDS and our work to fight AIDS by provoking dialogue, supporting HIV+ artists, and preserving a legacy, because AIDS is not over.
Monday, December 5, 2016